In this era of record low interest rates it has become increasingly important that people look to invest to maintain their standards of living in later life. However, the level of complexity and choice involved for investors can be overwhelming and confusing.
We exist to make investing more accessible. We aim to do this by providing financial education and guides to our customers alongside investment opportunities from over 50 investment companies in the UK.
Investors can compare opportunities across a variety of different investment types and products. The companies that we work with are some of the most trustworthy and established providers in the market. The investment types featured on OFF3R include:
- Stocks and Shares ISAs – Where you invest in a variety of different markets with any profit gained exempt from income and capital gains tax.
- Self Invested Personal Pensions – Where your investment is held in a tax wrapper until you retire and begin to draw a retirement income.
- Robo-Advisors – Where a company will invest your money on your behalf in a portfolio of investments
- Equity Crowdfunding – Where you invest in start-up businesses.
- Peer to Peer Lending – Where you lend money to small businesses and individuals.
- Innovative Finance ISA – Where you invest in P2P Lending or Bond products that are wrapped in a tax wrapper allowing investors to lend money and receive interest and capital gains tax-free.
- Property Crowdfunding – Where you invest in the property market alongside other investors.
We provide unbiased investment education to help make investing more accessible for you.This includes guides, news and features about the investment sector. This can all be found within our Learn with OFF3R blog. Please get in touch if you would like to contribute or link to any of our content.
OFF3R was first released in June 2015 under the name Tendr. Tendr was incubated by QVentures, a private investment club for sophisticated investors. This early version was an app only product focussed on the equity crowdfunding sector.
The initial released was widely covered in the technology and financial press with coverage from TechCrunch, The Guardian and The Financial Times. We were able to build up some great relationships with our partners in the crowdfunding industry and also develop a passionately loyal user base.
We closed our own funding round in early 2016 following a rebrand to OFF3R in late 2015. The team then began to grow and a focus was placed on building a much broader investment comparison product for a new breed of investors. OFF3R was named by Everline and Real Business as a Future 50 winner in 2016 and then in the summer of 2017 we were named as one of the best startups in the UK by Startups.co.uk.